1. Home
  2. City
  3. What to do and where to visit
  4. Pamplona in 16 landmarks
  5. Parliament of Navarre

Parliament of Navarre

Parliament of Navarre

The Parliament of Navarre has had its own, permanent site since 2002. Previously housed in the Palace of Navarre, it now occupies a renovated, late XIX-century building designed by the municipal architect Julián Arteaga.

Opposite the Palace of Navarre, at the other end of Paseo Sarasate, it is the most monumental and only official building in the six blocks which form Pamplona’s First Ensanche district. It was originally built to accommodate Navarre"s Territorial Law Courts. Built between 1892 and 1897, it is one of the most representative examples of eclectic architecture.

The historical, redbrick and Tafalla-stone façade and walls of the old Law Courts have been respected. Inside, however, the building has been gutted, leaving room for a large, glazed courtyard which houses the Plenary Room and Vestibule. The building has 11,300 square metres on four floors and a garage.

Each of the floors is used for a different function: the ground floor is used to attend the public; the first floor is used by the Presidency; and the second floor is occupied by the parliamentary groups and commission rooms. Finally, the semi-basement provides access to the plenary room and the vestibule.

©Pamplona City Council. Consistorial square s/n 31001 - Pamplona (Navarra) - 948 420 100 - pamplona@pamplona.es

Share it

Icono de conformidad Nivel Doble-A, W3C-WAI pautas de accesibilidad a los contenidos de la Web 1.0 del W3C-WAI